Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

jdbc + cfoutput + group

Aug 18, 2006 Aug 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that cfoutput supports a java.sql.ResultSet object for its query attribute. It is not documented here, but it is a very useful feature as it can help streaming very long queries to the output stream.
However, I'd like to know how will it behave when combined with the group attribute, as I am having some memory problems related with that, specifically if cfoutput will populate a Query object from the jdbc ResultSet or will use it plain when combined with the group attribute.
Has anyone else tried jdbc ResultSet with cfoutput, either using the group attribute or not ?
Thanks in advance.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your findings that using java.sql.ResultSet in the query attribute is very interesting.

Did you happen to find out at what point (query size) would it be most
beneficial to use java.sql.ResultSet. I was wondering if with smaller
or average size resultsets the benefits would be imperceptible.

Also, with very large queries, did you see improvements in the orders of magnitude.

Finally, what kinds of issues did you encounter that led to you look into
using java.sql.ResultSet. I'm wondering if I should be on the lookout or
something similar.

Sorry about not having any ideas for your original post. I don't thing I'm qualified
to suggest anything about the topic.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I had memory problems because cfquery takes the entire resultset into memory, and this can be a problem when preparing listings of 100,000+ rows. That is what i started using jdbc, and it happened to work with cfoutput. Alas, if you dont close the jdbc connection it will be opened until restart, so remember to include a try/catch when using this.
The difference is not only by the shorter response time when using large resultsets. A huge resultset will cause a java.lang.OutOfMemory exception and sometimes a server crash, when loaded at once in memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation