2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2006 11:40 AM by johnmccallum

Customized Buttons Question

Lane42
      I am trying to add a button that points to another Robohelp master project located on the user's C: drive (and open in new window).

I attempted <a href=file:///C:\(path)\project.chm target=new> in the window properties> advanced... etc.

As soon as I compiled the project, it locked everything. I eventually managed to remove the command from the button (at 100% CPU usage) but the complied "new window" would not end task and I had to do a hard shut down.

I would really like to find a way to make the customized button a shortcut to open a different chm project, but I need to know how this is done. I realized later that this function specifically requests a URL... but I would like to have a button rather than a link.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: Customized Buttons Question
          Lane42 Level 1
          side note: If I can get the shortcut to work, I would like to also open other application shortcuts with the buttons...
          • 2. Re: Customized Buttons Question
            Level 2
            Hi Lane42,

What you need here is a Shortcut control. When you insert it use hh.exe as the program and your external .chm as a parameter. In the True Code view you should have:

<OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:ADB880A6-D8FF-11CF-9377-00AA003B7A11" ID="Shortcut" >
            <PARAM NAME="Command" VALUE="Shortcut">
            <PARAM NAME="Button" VALUE="ButtonText">
            <PARAM NAME="Font" VALUE="MS Sans Serif,8,0,,">
            <PARAM NAME="Item1" VALUE=",hh.exe,C:/path/filename.chm::/topicname.htm"></OBJECT>

There may be a few other items in the OBJECT tag and of course your button text and filenames will differ.

John