2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2006 10:42 AM by Pangman

Link on Flash movie

Pangman
      Hello,
      This is my website http://www.scottsdale-and-phoenix-real-estate.com/
      Please take a look at the flash movie and move your mouse over it.

I see dark outline appears around the flash area when the mouses move over the area.

I use internet exploerer version: 6.0.2800.1106 running on window 2000. I do not see the outline. Everything is fine and the link is working good. However, another computer at the office that uses internet explorer Version: 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_dgr.050301-1519 (which is Window XP with service pack 2 I believe) shows the outline when mouse appear over the flash area and also the link to other page on the flash movie sometimes does not works in internet explorer Version: 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_dgr.050301-1519. I visited many websites that use flash movie as a link to other webpage and see the same thing while using internet explorer Version: 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_dgr.050301-1519. Could anybody give me a pointer on how to fix this issue.

Thank you,
      Pete
        • 1. Re: Link on Flash movie
          abeall Level 3
          You should try the Flash forum, as this forum is for topics relating to the program Fireworks.

The problem you are encountering is due to a recent update to IE which added that "Click to activate control" thing. The reason it was added is due to a questionable patent owned by Eolas, who forced Microsoft to modify their browser in this way.

To prevent the activation click from showing, there are a number of fixes available. This question is ask every day in the Flash forum, you might find an answer there. Or do a search for 'Eolas Flash fix'.

I personally use "swfobject" in my own projects.
          http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/

HTH
          • 2. Re: Link on Flash movie
            Pangman Level 1
            sorry for posting in the wrong forum. Your answer helps. Thank you.