3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2009 7:33 AM by JoeDaSilva

editing jpegs- need help!!

adamh1
      hi guys,

with fireworks whats the best way to accurately change the colour of a jpeg, particularly one such as in the url with a gradient? I cant figure it out!

picture link!
        • 1. Re: editing jpegs- need help!!
          pixlor Level 4
          quote:

Originally posted by: adamh1
          hi guys,

with fireworks whats the best way to accurately change the colour of a jpeg, particularly one such as in the url with a gradient? I cant figure it out!

picture link!

Can you explain in more detail what it is you want to do with that image?

• 2. Re: editing jpegs- need help!!
            adamh1 Level 1
            basically just change the colour without it looking horrible!
            • 3. Re: editing jpegs- need help!!
              JoeDaSilva Level 4
              I'm sticking with Fireworks CS3 for the time being, so if you're on CS4 I'm quite sure this will be slightly different. But if you select your image with the black pointer, and then navigate to the "filters" panel at the bottom of the screen and press the "plus" icon, you'll be presented with several options. Go to "Adjust Color" then "Hue/Saturation". Try various combinations of the sliders to get it in the ballpark. You can also try Adjust Color > Color Overlay. With that method you can fill the entire object with color and then lower the opacity of the fill. Sometimes combining those two techniques can be quite effective. You'll soon discover that you'll want to "mask" the image though, ie remove it from it's background. There's a topic discussing just that a few posts down and it's covered quite often in this forum.

Good luck!