2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2006 3:16 AM by McWeeney

Loaded swf can't find sound file

McWeeney
      I'm new to AS and I am probably missing something obvious.

Projector is in the main directory (Demo). It loads an SWF file from a subirectory (Demo/Animations). The SWF file loads a sound file from a further subdirectoy (DemoAnimaitons/Sounds). The SWF tests OK, playing the file. However, when I test the Projector the SWF can't find the file. If I create a sub folder in Demo (Demo/Sounds) and put the sound file there, the projector works.

It seems that, when an SWF file runs from within the projector, the path used to load files is the _URL of the projector and not of the SWF.

I can't find any documentation to confirm this and I am worried in case what I am experiencing is a symptom of some deeper problem in my understanding.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.
        • 1. Re: Loaded swf can't find sound file
          Level 7

McWeeney wrote:
          > I'm new to AS and I am probably missing something obvious.
          >
          > Projector is in the main directory (Demo). It loads an SWF file from a
          > subirectory (Demo/Animations). The SWF file loads a sound file from a further
          > subdirectoy (DemoAnimaitons/Sounds). The SWF tests OK, playing the file.
          > However, when I test the Projector the SWF can't find the file. If I create a
          > sub folder in Demo (Demo/Sounds) and put the sound file there, the projector
          > works.
          >
          > It seems that, when an SWF file runs from within the projector, the path used
          > to load files is the _URL of the projector and not of the SWF.
          >
          > I can't find any documentation to confirm this and I am worried in case what I
          > am experiencing is a symptom of some deeper problem in my understanding.

SWF does not remember its position in directory tree, so when loaded into main movie
          or html document in different folder, it automatically seek its content from the
          perspective of that folder not its original location.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: Loaded swf can't find sound file
            McWeeney Level 1
            Thanks for the reply. Now that I know its not me I can work round the problem. I was just worried that that the projector would be unable to find resources when I rolled the solution out to users.

Best wishes

Steve