3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2007 11:31 AM by brianimator

how do you use downloaded fonts in flash 8???

shodowstk
      i have downloaded several fonts from www.flashkit.com and would like instructions on how to make it apear in the font selection menu, is there a specific place i have to save it??? somewhere where i can import it??? please help me
        • 1. Re: how do you use downloaded fonts in flash 8???
          Level 7
          flash uses your system fonts.
          to install fonts in windows - Start > Control panel > Fonts - File > Install New Font... navigate to
          folder with downloaded fonts, they will be recognized and you will be prompted to install them.

re-start flash.

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
          --> www.mudbubble.com
          --> www.keyframer.com

shodowstk wrote:
          > i have downloaded several fonts from www.flashkit.com and would like
          > instructions on how to make it apear in the font selection menu, is there a
          > specific place i have to save it??? somewhere where i can import it??? please
          > help me
          >
          • 2. Re: how do you use downloaded fonts in flash 8???
            kikibian
            If you have to use unique or rare fonts into flash, the better way to do this is to convert the characters into bitmap format, which avoiding the missing fonts problem from viewers system, I realized which is not wise, most people have problem of displaying the fonts that you applied, however, there is "font mapping" option in the Edit menu for you to solve the concerning.
            • 3. Re: how do you use downloaded fonts in flash 8???
              brianimator
              (OS X 10.4.8)
              1. Restart your Mac in Safe mode (hold down shift key following startup chime 'til grey apple/loader comes up).
              2. (probably not at all necessary - just a little voodoo - it's what I did so you may want to too). Start Flash, check out your font list now - very limited. (Only system fonts show, the rest are disabled - as a part of starting in Safe mode)
              3. Restart as normal - your font cache is cleared, and recreated.

victory is yours.