2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2009 1:38 AM by flexfr

problem with RSL and flash player 9 (>9.0.115)

flexfr
      Hello,
      I use flex 3.
      I have a "merged with code" swf working fine under flash 9 and 10 (even though, but it's not the purpose of this post, the preloader doesn't show up under IE7, but fine under FF).

When I compile with RSL (framework_3.0.0.477.swz and framework_3.0.0.477.swf), then it works fine under flash player 10 but can't open under version 9.
      It actually shows the preloader but gets stuck at 100%.

I know RSL starts from 9.0.115, and in my case the version is higher and very popular since it's 9.0.124

Do you have any explanation for that ?

Thank you very much.
        • 1. Re: problem with RSL and flash player 9 (>9.0.115)
          rtalton Level 4
          The concept of framework RSLs was introduced with Flex Builder 3. It is not tied to a version of Flash Player. In fact, I use Runtime Shared Libraries targeting Flash Player 9.0.28 most of the time.
          Flash Player 9.0.115 supports loading of the Adobe-signed RSL (swz) across different domains, so that if a user downloads it from your site, when she comes to mine, it won't be downloaded again. That's where the real benefit is. Prior to Flash Player 9.0.115, an unsigned RSL (swf) will be downloaded by the user, and can't be used across diffferent domains.
          Check the version of Flash Player you are targeting in FB3's compiler options. If it is 10+, you won't be able to open the app using Flash Player 9. The standard HTML wrapper checks this and should prompt you to download the version of Flash Player specified by the compiler.
          Your preloader won't show up in IE if you have enabled Deep Linking. Look at the compiler options and uncheck "Enable integration with browser navigation" if you don't use Deep Linking.
          • 2. Re: problem with RSL and flash player 9 (>9.0.115)
            flexfr Level 1
            Thank you very much for your answer.
            I had not understood cross-domain feature starting with 9.0.15

I have focused on my html and my preloading problem seems to have disappeared.
            My swf is in fact for widgets, and I wanted to make the code as small as possible, like a video-sharing code with an object only (which moreover makes it w3c). It works with it but creates this problem under IE. After adding the embed it seems to be OK.

Regarding my main problem about RSL, I have followed your recommandations but it doesn't work so far.
            My setup was already with a minimum 9.0.28, and I have unselected "enable integration with browser navigation".
            I have tested with the html page created by flex, to make sure it has nothing to do with my html integration.

The result is that I still have the same issue: it stops after the preloader. No message.

What you need to know is that I have no "deep linking" (if I understood well what it means), but my code calls a HttpService, which may be a reason ?
            It loads nothing at all, and really gets stopped at 100%. I have buttons, external images... and nothing appears.

Thanks in advance for your help since I really don't know what to do.