3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2006 1:31 PM by kglad

postion an attached movie clip.

jonnybennett Level 1
      I am attaching a m.c. when a button in another m.c. is pressed. However The mc with the button is dragable. Therefore when you attach the new m.c. it attachs in diff places, as it is realtive to the position of the dragable m.c.
      I don't have the option to attach the m.c. to root, which would therefore result in the fixed position, however I want to achieve the same result of it being attached to a fixed position. (0,0)

I apreciate this is a bit of a brain teaser to understand, but if anyone understands and has any ideas then please respond. Many thanks. j
        • 1. Re: postion an attached movie clip.
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          you want the movieclip attached to the draggable movieclip? but you don't want the attached movieclip to move when the draggable movieclip is dragged??
          • 2. Re: postion an attached movie clip.
            jonnybennett Level 1
            clip1- is a draggable clip. Within Clip 1 is Clip2.
            clip1 actions: Clip2.onRelease attaches clip 3.

I have to later get info sent from clip3 to clip1, which can be simply done using _parent.

Becuase clip1 is draggable, and clip3 is being attached to clip1 it is being attached in relation to where clip1 is on the stage and is also draggable. I however want it to be attached and aligned to the TL of the stage, but I don't want to have to attach clip3 to root. If you don't understand, as it is hard to explain what I am trying to do, not to worry, as I think I am just going to change the design, so that the attached clip is okay to be draggable.

Thanks anyway Jonny.
            • 3. Re: postion an attached movie clip.
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              you're welcome.