3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2006 9:45 PM by kglad

Using a button for next scene

MBKrebs
      I have an interactive Flash that allows the viewer to click on various buttons to access different information. They all work fine.

The problem is in the final scene, accessed by a button command. When I test the scene by itself, the animation runs fine. When I test the whole file, however, none of the animation shows up; it just displays a static image of the background.

Any suggestions?
        • 1. Re: Using a button for next scene
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          don't use the goto functions and don't use scene information for navigation. use the goto methods and frame labels. for example:

• 2. Re: Using a button for next scene
            MBKrebs Level 1
            Okay, I am a complete and total idiot! I used the code (I think I did it right), but I can't get it to actually go to the next scene now. ARRGGHH!

Where do I need to be putting the code? Does it go in the action script for the button? (That's where I put it, but I'm still not sure if I did it right.)

Thanks for your help!
            • 3. Re: Using a button for next scene
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              you need to do 2 things:

1. label the frame that you want to which you want to navigate.
              2. use that label within quotes in a _root.goto method that's either attached to your button (and uses something like on(press) ) or attached to a frame and uses the button name (something like button1.onPress=function() )