3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2006 11:38 AM by Jan-Paul K.

wav file plays too slowly

Level 7
      I am using a wav file as a background sound in my clip, yet in the clip it
      plays much slower than when played in Windows Media Player. Ho do I make it
      play at a normal speed?

• 1. wav file plays too slowly
          Jan-Paul K. Level 1
          what sampling rate/data rate did you use on the wave file?
          Try using a higher bitrate when converting/generating the wav file.
          just cto clearify: I am not saying the bitrate is responsible for the speed of playing a sound, I just think the bitrate might not be in a compatible range for the flash player.
          What tool did you use to create the wav file?
          • 2. Re: wav file plays too slowly
            Level 7
            Thank,I am not sure I underdstand what you mean.
            I did not convert/generate wav file. I have just imported an existion file.
            How do I use a higher bitrate ?

"Jan-Paul K." <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:e80rug$nv0$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > what sampling rate/data rate did you use on the wave file?
            > Try using a higher bitrate when converting/generating the wav file.

• 3. Re: wav file plays too slowly
              Jan-Paul K. Level 1
              well, changing the bitrate of an audio file is nothing you would do in flash itself, but before you import the file (in flash you can only modify the bitrate of the mp3 file that is embeded in the swf file).

before you dive into the field of audio editing, you should simply try another wave file and see if you experience the same problems.

Maybe some information on how you embed the file into your movie and which version of flash you are using would be helpful as well.

if you decide to take a tour on audio manipulation I recommend goldwave as a good tool to start with:
              http://www.goldwave.com/release.php

regards
              Paul