3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2006 7:05 AM by derobinson

Deploying Flash on Windows Mobile PDA or Smartphone

saratogacoach Level 1
      Hi

I'm an e-Learning content developer, beginning to create content in Flash using small screens (216X216) to deploy on PDA's and Smartphones. Currently, I can export/publish an HTML file plus a SWF file, transfer these to a handheld device running Pocket PC or Windows Mobile. Click on the HTML file and, with a Flash player for Pocket PC installed, the Flash file plays nicely.

However, instead of the end-user needing to transfer 2 files to their handheld PDA/Smartphone, I've discovered that there is a way to create a single standalone executible file (.exe) which a Flash player can play on the viewer's device.

I've only come across one program, Zinc, which can generate these executible files from the SWF, and its expensive (lite version at $299, with more features at $499).

Is anyone aware of less expensive alternatives that can create the executible? Would Flash 8 have this feature? Even though equally priced or more, it would be a better alternative to a program with more limited functionality (basically creation/deployment of executible's).

Any help would be apprecaited.

Kind Regards,
      saratogacoach