1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 22, 2009 10:06 PM by Newsgroup_User

Placing a slice PShop file into Dreamweaver

SharpEyes22
      What is the best way to slice a PShop file into Dreamweaver? I have created a home page complete with link buttons and sliced it in PShop. When I place it into DW, it looks really good. However, when I attempt to edit the link buttons (add rollovers, linked state), I get really weird spacing that shows up (lots of white space around link). I know this is operator error since I'm coming from the print world and want DW to act like InDesign or Illustrator. Can someone help me with this?
        • 1. Re: Placing a slice PShop file into Dreamweaver
          Level 7
          The best approach is to create only graphic elements in Photoshop,
          Fireworks, etc. not an actual page. And never create/export HTML from PS.
          Here's a good resource to get you started in the right direction:
          http://www.adobe.com/devnet/fireworks/articles/web_standards_layouts_pt1.html

And... DW expects you to be HTML/CSS savvy. If you're not there yet that's
          the best starting point.

--

Walt

"SharpEyes22" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:glbf2m$t15$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > What is the best way to slice a PShop file into Dreamweaver? I have
          > created a
          > home page complete with link buttons and sliced it in PShop. When I place
          > it
          > into DW, it looks really good. However, when I attempt to edit the link
          > buttons (add rollovers, linked state), I get really weird spacing that
          > shows up
          > (lots of white space around link). I know this is operator error since I'm
          > coming from the print world and want DW to act like InDesign or
          > Illustrator.
          > Can someone help me with this?
          >