• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keywords in topic-based index not displaying in application tab

Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2006 Jul 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a large binary index built from topic-based keywords. The project itself is fairly substantial (2800+ topics), and the .chm file produced works fine, index and all. However, only a small fraction of the keywords display on the index tab of the RH application.

Editing the rhakeyword.apj file doesn't seem to have any effect. Right now, for example, the file in use is totally empty, but the same subset of topics is displaying in RH.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a guess but do you have an alternate index specified in the Window's advanced properties?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, blank there.

As a test (I do have the originals backed up!) I have emptied the rhkkeyword.apj file and the .hhk file as well. The index of course no longer shows in the .chm, but the same subset of topics show on the Index tab in RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use "see also" keywords? If so, are these the ones appearing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope... just standard keywords.

I can see the merged hhk during the build process, and it seems to have the complete list of keywords in it. They also come up if I do a report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought--if I create a new project and import all the existing topics, would RH then do a clean recreation of the .apj from the keywords attached to those topics?

Or is the rhkkeyword.apj even involved when the keywords are in the html topic files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2006 Jul 31, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Monday morning update: Friday afternoon the reimporting of topics seemed to be rebuilding the index. This morning, upon reopening the project and resuming the process, the topics I was importing stopped registering on the index tab. Attempting to add them manually, though, resulted in the "topic already exists" message.

Further testing: I added several hundred topics Friday, nothing shows in the rhkkeyword.apj file. All of a sudden today RH is adding index entries there.

This is getting silly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp