3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2006 6:34 PM by Newsgroup_User

Silly text box issue

Stella1251 Level 1
      This is probably something you experts will laugh at me for..but I cannot figure this out..I just have to ask!

I have textboxes on each page in my project..they should all be in the same spot on the bottom aligned at the top. For some reason the text inside of the box is in the middle of the box. While some of the other boxes the text is at the very top. Therefore when i align the boxes they do not appear even on each page. Do you know how to fix this? I tried making new boxes too..I dont know what I am doing wrong here. I made sure all the heights were the same of each box too. Can anyone help? please
        • 1. Re: Silly text box issue
          Stella1251 Level 1
          yeah im dumb..it was the leading..
          • 2. Re: Silly text box issue
            Stella1251 Level 1
            oops nope..that didnt work either
            • 3. Re: Silly text box issue
              Level 7
              On Sun, 02 Jul 2006 16:24:26 GMT, Stella1251 posted in
              macromedia.director.basics:

> spot on the bottom aligned at the top. For some reason the text inside
              > of the box is in the middle of the box. While some of the other boxes
              > the text is at the very top.

(I'm assuming that your "text box" is a #text or #field member. I don't know
              anything about the Flash components that come with Director.)

What if you go into the text editor for each text member and place the cursor
              at the top then hit space and backspace? I seem to recall that if the text is
              scrolled in the text editor, it will be scrolled as a sprite.

Another thing you can do so that you don't have to remember that every time
              you edit the text is to place the following behavior on the text sprites.

on beginSprite me
              sprite(me.spriteNum).member.scrollTop = 0
              end

--
              Mark A. Boyd
              Keep-On-Learnin' :)