7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2009 1:32 PM by caseyo4

Using Spry in Templates - please help!

jl25 Level 1
      I am trying to use Spry in templates (Dreamweaver CS4) and cannot do it. Can someone please help me? I know that I can put the spry widget inthe template but then it will be on every child page which I don't want. I'm not sure I understand the instructions to open the head...

-Josh
        • 1. Re: Using Spry in Templates - please help!
          Level 7
          Im not sure I understand your question, however if you dont want something
          in every child page of a template, then you put it in an editable section on
          the child pages you do watn, or make that section editable and take out on
          the pages that you dont want it on.

I dont understand about opening a head...

"jl25" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gldsbb$79$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I am trying to use Spry in templates (Dreamweaver CS4) and cannot do it.
          >Can
          > someone please help me? I know that I can put the spry widget inthe
          > template
          > but then it will be on every child page which I don't want. I'm not sure
          > I
          > understand the instructions to open the head...
          >
          > -Josh
          >

• 2. Re: Using Spry in Templates - please help!
            Level 7
            Which Spry Widget are you wanting to place? Have you tried to just put it
            on the desired child page?

--
            Murray --- ICQ 71997575
            Adobe Community Expert
            (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
            ==================
            http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
            http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
            ==================

news:gldsbb$79$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            >I am trying to use Spry in templates (Dreamweaver CS4) and cannot do it.
            >Can
            > someone please help me? I know that I can put the spry widget inthe
            > template
            > but then it will be on every child page which I don't want. I'm not sure
            > I
            > understand the instructions to open the head...
            >
            > -Josh
            >

• 3. Re: Using Spry in Templates - please help!
              Level 7
              > I dont understand about opening a head...

I think it has something to do with transcendental meditation....

--
              Murray --- ICQ 71997575
              Adobe Community Expert
              ==================
              ==================

"GPaul" <gwpaul@ptd.net> wrote in message
              news:glf037$ae7$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Im not sure I understand your question, however if you dont want something
              > in every child page of a template, then you put it in an editable section
              > on the child pages you do watn, or make that section editable and take out
              > on the pages that you dont want it on.
              >
              > I dont understand about opening a head...
              >
              >
              > "jl25" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              > news:gldsbb$79$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              >>I am trying to use Spry in templates (Dreamweaver CS4) and cannot do it.
              >>Can
              >> someone please help me? I know that I can put the spry widget inthe
              >> template
              >> but then it will be on every child page which I don't want. I'm not sure
              >> I
              >> understand the instructions to open the head...
              >>
              >> -Josh
              >>
              >
              >

• 4. Re: Using Spry in Templates - please help!
                jl25 Level 1
                Thank you for your thoughts on this. I have tried placing the spry widget on the child page. I'm using tabbed pannels and accordion panels on different child pages. I would like to base these on a primary template so if I decide to make changes...anyway, it seems that I can only place material in editable regions but apparently you cannot place spry into these.

If I place the spry on the parent page/template then it seems to be onall. I've played around with copying the javascript (from a new temporary page) to the head region of the template but then the spry widget appears but is not working.

There must be some way to do this - I would ideally like to be able to add spry widgets to child pages from a template and of course be able to edit the spry on each respective page.

Thanks for any input into this.

-Josh
                • 5. Re: Using Spry in Templates - please help!
                  jl25 Level 1
                  Just an update - I seem to have figured out the solution to my dilemma. in the event this may help someone else, the key was to add appropriate javascript code + linkage in the head region of the template. This way the spry is available on child pages if needed but does not show up unless you add it manually to specified child pages.
                  • 6. Re: Using Spry in Templates - please help!
                    Level 7
                    This is correct, but it implies that you do not have an editable region in
                    the head of the template page. Do you? A properly made template would have
                    2 editable regions in the head - "doctitle" and "head". Do you have those?

--
                    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
                    Adobe Community Expert
                    ==================
                    ==================

news:gljkf2$t6s$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                    > Just an update - I seem to have figured out the solution to my dilemma. in
                    > the
                    > event this may help someone else, the key was to add appropriate
                    > javascript
                    > code + linkage in the head region of the template. This way the spry is
                    > available on child pages if needed but does not show up unless you add it
                    > manually to specified child pages.
                    >

• 7. Re: Using Spry in Templates - please help!
                      caseyo4 Level 1

I'm having the same problem.  When I try to insert the widget into an editable region I get this message:  "You cannot insert this widget into an editable region.  Please insert the widget in a locked region and create editable regions inside the template."