2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2006 11:00 AM by CathyM

Deployment Errors on JBoss 4.0.4

mcantrell
      I've had the following error since beta2. I've never been able to get it to deploy onto JBoss 4.0.4 and I've posted messages here and the flex coders group with no answers. I'm hoping now that your product is released, I will at least get a response.

14:09:22,115 ERROR [MainDeployer] Could not create deployment: file:/C:/dev/server/jboss-4.0.4/server/default/deploy/flex-admin.war
      org.jboss.ws.WSException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: jrun.servlet.file.FileServlet
      at org.jboss.ws.server.WebServiceDeployerJSE.isWebserviceDeployment(WebServiceDeployerJSE.ja va:161)
      at org.jboss.ws.server.WebServiceDeployer.create(WebServiceDeployer.java:101)
      at org.jboss.ws.server.WebServiceDeployerJSE.create(WebServiceDeployerJSE.java:66)
      at org.jboss.deployment.SubDeployerInterceptorSupport$XMBeanInterceptor.create(SubDeployerIn terceptorSupport.java:180)
      at org.jboss.deployment.SubDeployerInterceptor.invoke(SubDeployerInterceptor.java:91)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:88)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
      at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:210)
      at $Proxy40.create(Unknown Source)
      at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.create(MainDeployer.java:953)
      at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:807)
      at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:771)
      at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor14.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
      at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:155)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:94)
      at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.AbstractInterceptor.invoke(AbstractInterceptor.java:133)
      at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.invoke(ModelMBeanOperationInterce ptor.java:142)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
      at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:210)
      at $Proxy6.deploy(Unknown Source)
      at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.deploy(URLDeploymentScanner.java:421)
      at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.scan(URLDeploymentScanner.java:610)
      at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.doScan(AbstractDeplo ymentScanner.java:263)
      at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.loop(AbstractDeploym entScanner.java:274)
      at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.run(AbstractDeployme ntScanner.java:225)
      Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: jrun.servlet.file.FileServlet
      at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
      at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
      at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
      at org.jboss.ws.server.WebServiceDeployerJSE.isWebserviceDeployment(WebServiceDeployerJSE.ja va:151)
      ... 30 more
        • 1. Re: Deployment Errors on JBoss 4.0.4
          RuiRosao
          I had the same problem/error, and solved it by putting jrun.jar in c:\jboss-4.0.4.GA\server\default\lib.
          I copied flex.war, flex-admin.war and samples.war to c:\jboss-4.0.4.GA\server\default\deploy.
          Also, you need to install the Flash Player 9.0 version that comes with your install of FDS on each PC that will run a sample app, otherwise you'll end up with just a background, and no samples will start up.
          All samples run, also in our network: PC W2K, PC WXP, MAC OSX, etc.
          As you can see I'm using the jboss-4.0.4.GA version of the server (with EJB3.0; but i think it will work with other profiles as well).
          To obtain jrun.jar i first installed FDS with the jrun-server option. In the directory structure you then will find jrun.jar.

Rui
          • 2. Re: Deployment Errors on JBoss 4.0.4
            CathyM
            To resolve this issue, please remove the unnecessary servlet definition in web.xml.

(a) unjar flex-admin.war
            (b) remove the FileSerlvlet definition for web.xml
            (c) jar flex-admin.war again

This should allow you to deploy successfully.