• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing Error Message

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2006 Jun 29, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to this forum & fairly new to Robohelp. I am trying to publish my project and I get an error message "Publishing has been cancelled. Cannot find the path specified.". I am able to view the results OK. I just published it last week & it worked fine. I recently replaced some old Bitmaps w/JPEG images and last week I deleted all of the Bitmaps from all of the folders - could that have something to do with it?
Any hep would be appreciated!
Thanks, Karen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen. Have you checked that the path to which the webhelp files are published is still valid. Could someone deleted/moved the directory to another location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,
I publish it to:
"C:\Documents and Settings\kalves\My Documents\Karen's Copy\!SSL!\WebHelp_10\NEWOLM_NWNA_10.htm"
and then my IS people copy my folder to the server after I publish it - would that still cause the error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The quickest solution is to rename the existing publish folder and then publish again so that a new folder with the original name gets created.

This happens occasionally and it will likely be because a file or folder has become Read Only. Don't bother trying to track it though, it's not worth the hassle.

Assuming that has worked, you can delete the original folder.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp