3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2006 6:57 AM by bbottger

Blurring Images

bbottger
      I'm a newbie at Flash. I bought a template and so far have managed OK, but now am stumped. The swf shows a photo, then blurs the photo to almost nothing, then restarts with another photo. The fla has an image file (named 2.jpg) and then several successive images of the same photo, each blurred more than the previous. Each successive image is named 2-0001.jpg, 2-0002.jpg, 2-0003.jpg and etc up to about 2-0015.jpg. Additional images are in 3.jpg and 4.jpg and etc. Then there is a script that sequences the photos.

Objective is to change the photo image in 2.jpg and sucessive blurred images.

Question is: How did the successive images get created? Is that a Flash function, or maybe Photoshop? Any guidance on how to do it and/or where to get more info would be great help.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Blurring Images
          Level 7
          bbottger,

> Objective is to change the photo image in 2.jpg and
          > sucessive blurred images.

Okay.

> Question is: How did the successive images get created?
          > Is that a Flash function, or maybe Photoshop?

Based on your description, the designer simply made a series of
          successively blurred images in something like Photoshop, then imported them.
          You could do it that way.

Since you're asking this question in the ActionScript forum, though,
          I'll mention that you can also use Flash 8's new filters. And honestly, you
          don't even need ActionScript to use those, either.

> Any guidance on how to do it and/or where to get
          > more info would be great help.

The Help documentation is always a good place to start. ;)

David
          stiller (at) quip (dot) net
          Dev essays: http://www.quip.net/blog/
          "Luck is the residue of good design."

• 2. Re: Blurring Images
            jthereliable
            In AS, here's the script to blur it.
            Put this in the movieclip's script and for every frame, put a new picture.

Hope this helps!
            • 3. Re: Blurring Images
              bbottger Level 1
              Yes, they must have created the series of blurred photos in PS and then brought them in. Will give the AS you gave me a try and go from there. Thx for the responses.