2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2006 9:48 AM by leotemp

How does flex builder handle permissions?

leotemp Level 1
      Every time i launch flex builder it seems to for some reason replace my external files(asp files that gernerate xml) with older versions. Sometimes during work updates i make to these files stop occuring entirely, its as if im not able to save over or copy over the files, when i close flex builder and reboot i can copy the files from last time i backed up and work for a little while longer, it just started doing this. My files are in the bin directory with all the other files and maybe thats bad, anyways any advice would be great.

leo
        • 1. Re: How does flex builder handle permissions?
          Level 7
          leotemp wrote:
          > Every time i launch flex builder it seems to for some reason replace my
          > external files(asp files that gernerate xml) with older versions. Sometimes
          > during work updates i make to these files stop occuring entirely, its as if im
          > not able to save over or copy over the files, when i close flex builder and
          > reboot i can copy the files from last time i backed up and work for a little
          > while longer, it just started doing this. My files are in the bin directory
          > with all the other files and maybe thats bad, anyways any advice would be great.
          >
          > leo
          >

When you compile and run a flex application in flex builder we copy over
          all the included files to the bin folder. Do you have copies of the
          generated xml files in your project? If so, then the ones in the bin
          folder will get overwritten.

winsha
          • 2. Re: How does flex builder handle permissions?
            leotemp Level 1
            hmmm maybe.. Do you mean do i have the same asp file lingering in my project? probably, so what i need to do is just keep my needed files in my project and then when i compile it will copy the files into the bin for me? Once again im used to other applications making me do this, seems like im allways trying to force flex to do something that it has built in functionality for anyways :(

Thanks for the help, this has been driving me nuts, well i guess i have been driving myslef nuts.