3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2006 6:28 PM by Newsgroup_User

Editing The File Dropdown Menu

RKendal
      I use key shortcuts (not to be confused with keyboard shortcuts). For example, to save a file, I'm quite used to Alt-F-S, as most windows applications have underscored shortcut letters in the pulldown words.
      For Fireworks 8, Alt-F-A goes nowhere as both File-Scan and File-Save As use the same key letter of "A".
      Is there a way to edit this conflict out?
      I can't find how to edit the command key shortcuts. I'm very used to pressing Alt-F-A in (my experience) almost all Windows applications for Save As.
      Russ
      russk@rkendal.com
        • 1. Re: Editing The File Dropdown Menu
          Level 7
          Russ,

Try Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts

alex

RKendal wrote:
          > I use key shortcuts (not to be confused with keyboard shortcuts). For example,
          > to save a file, I'm quite used to Alt-F-S, as most windows applications have
          > underscored shortcut letters in the pulldown words.
          > For Fireworks 8, Alt-F-A goes nowhere as both File-Scan and File-Save As use
          > the same key letter of "A".
          > Is there a way to edit this conflict out?
          > I can't find how to edit the command key shortcuts. I'm very used to pressing
          > Alt-F-A in (my experience) almost all Windows applications for Save As.
          > Russ
          > russk@rkendal.com
          >
          • 2. Re: Editing The File Dropdown Menu
            RKendal Level 1
            Thanks, but that doesn't help.
            You can edit keyboard shorcuts just fine, but not shortcut keys.
            I hate to point out other apps, but Word lets you go in and remove or reassign those under-scored keys.
            • 3. Re: Editing The File Dropdown Menu
              Level 7
              Rkendal,

The closest I can come to what you would like to do is to create a
              custom keyboard set and assign Ctrl+A or Alt+A to the Save As Command.

As far as I can see one cannot reassign Alt+F+A to the Save As Command
              like you can in Word.

Alex

RKendal wrote:
              > Thanks, but that doesn't help.
              > You can edit keyboard shorcuts just fine, but not shortcut keys.
              > I hate to point out other apps, but Word lets you go in and remove or reassign
              > those under-scored keys.
              >