• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printed Documentation Error

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2006 Jul 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to generate printed documentation from RoboHelp for Word X5. When I get to the Print Document Appearance dialog, it does not show any templates in the Microsoft Word Template list and does not let me browse for a template. I am using Word 2003. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2006 Jul 29, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

I suspect this will be one of several things.

1] You have not installed the patch for Word 2003. Under Help, select Check for Updates.

2] Your normal template is not on your hard disk.

3] RH was not installed using your login. I suspect though you would have other problems.

4] Your project is not on your hard disk.

5] You are trying to generate to the network.

Give me some more information about those areas.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2006 Aug 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. Here are my answers to your questions:

1. I believe the patch is installed. Check updates returns no updates available.

2. Normal template is on my hard disk at C:\Documents and Settings\mowens\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates. (However, project resides on my D hard disk.)

3. RH was installed to my C hard disk using my login.

4. Project is on my D hard disk.

5. I am generating to my D hard disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2006 Aug 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You say RH was installed with your login. It is critical that your login had admin rights at that time so if there is any doubt about that, uninstall and reinstall.

Beyond that, two things to try.

First create a brand new project with just one topic and see if you get the same problem.

Then open one of the supplied projects and try with that.

If they all fail, then everything points to an installation issue of some sort. Check it out first and post back.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp