• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Microphone

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2006 Jun 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the same problem everyone else is having the microphone works great with ever other program but does not work with captivate.

Please what can we do.
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2006 Jun 29, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI mar0364

At the risk of sounding snide (and I honestly don't mean or intend to) Ummmm, get a different microphone?

Seriously, you are probably using one of the mikes that connects to the computer via the USB port. Unfortunately, these are sometimes "hit and miss" with Captivate.

Sooo, I'm assuming you aren't really keen on swapping the mike, so here are a couple of suggestions for you.

1. Don't use the mike with Captivate. Record your audio separately using a tool that does understand your mike. For example, Windows Sound Recorder. Then go into Captivate and import the resulting audio files.

2. Definitely report the problem to Adobe via the following link. This link is used to report problems as well as enhancement requests. This is rather key, as if everyone only reports the issues here, Adobe doesn't know about them. The link I'm providing is a direct avenue into the development staff.
Click here to report the behavior

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to this forum, but I might have some useful information about the inability for Captivate to record sound. Be aware that RealTek sound cards DO NOT work with Captivate. I had both a brand new desktop and brand new laptop, both with RealTek sound cards. I tried my old laptop, a Sony, with a different sound card; it worked fine. I finally had to get the Soundblaster Audigy 2zs sound card for my laptop, and the Captivate recording works pretty well. During editing, however, it sometimes records at a different volume, which is quite tedious to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chai Lai

Thanks for the info, but we are already well aware of the Real Tek issue. Take a peek at the following link.

Click here to view many posts where RealTek is mentioned

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2006 Jun 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone! I tried plugging the mic directly into the sound card and it works. Difficult to adjust volume. They really need to fix this bug.

Thanks!
Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2006 Jun 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Rich and welcome to our community

Please be sure and take the time to report the issue to Adobe via the link provided earlier in this thread. If nobody reports it, it's less likely to be corrected. They need to know (as well as have evidence) that many users are experiencing the issue.

Thanks... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources