5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2006 5:44 PM by sunlis

Installing help

Drak_Samus
      I downloaded it with IE, and then the animetion showed up and it said that it was fully installed, but how do I use it? there's now icon on the desktop...Please Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        • 1. Re: Installing help
          Level 7
          what did you download? there's the browser plugin and then there's the trial. please be specific and
          if this is the authoring tool and you are asking how to use it - please read the help docs, browse
          your local book store or amazon for flash books or google for 5 minutes and find the bazillion
          websites that have free flash tutorials for years.
          hth

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
          --> www.mudbubble.com
          --> www.keyframer.com

Drak Samus wrote:
          > I downloaded it with IE, and then the animetion showed up and it said that
          > it was fully installed, but how do I use it? there's now icon on the
          > desktop...Please Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>
          • 2. Re: Installing help
            stephenhorne100
            It sounds like you downloaded the flash player. If so, you wont see any icon on the desktop. It is a browser plugin. Any websites with Flash content will work and that's it.

If you want to create your own flash animations, you need the authoring environment. That costs money, and takes time to learn.
            • 3. Re: Installing help
              Drak_Samus Level 1
              Wait, to make games like people do on the internet I have to pay money for?
              My cousin said it was free...
              So, eh, I have to buy something?
              When I downloaded it, it showed the movie and said it was installed, that only makes me able to see flash content?
              Any help here?
              • 4. Re: Installing help
                Level 7
                there's a product called "Flash". It is an authoring tool - it costs money. There's what is called
                the "flash player" that is free and it is downloaded and installed into your browser as a plugin -
                it is for playing back flash content - not for authoring content. Anybody who told you flash (the
                authoring tool) is free was mis-informed. The browser player is free only.

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
                --> www.mudbubble.com
                --> www.keyframer.com

Drak Samus wrote:
                > Wait, to make games like people do on the internet I have to pay money for?
                > My cousin said it was free...
                > So, eh, I have to buy something?
                > When I downloaded it, it showed the movie and said it was installed, that only
                > makes me able to see flash content?
                > Any help here?
                >
                • 5. Installing help
                  sunlis Level 1
                  There is a free trial of the program that lets you make games, animations, whatever.
                  The program is called Flash.
                  The most recent version is Flash 8.
                  The trial lasts for 30 days, after that, you have to buy it, or you can't use it anymore.
                  If you downloaded it, then there should be a shortcut on the desktop.
                  If not, try looking in
                  C:/Program Files/Macromedia Flash 8/
                  And there should be something called Flash 8 in there.
                  Just right-click it, go to Send to, Desktop
                  It wil make a shortcut on the desktop that you can use to run the program.
                  The bad thing about the trial, is that unless you already know how to use it, or learn quickly, 30 days doesn't give you enough time to learn how to use Flash to make any decent games.

By the way, sorry if I'm wrong about anything. I haven't used Windows for a while, since I bought a Mac a while back, and haven't gone back since.