3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2006 11:38 PM by LayerCaykeSE

Flash Help Content Gone

LayerCaykeSE
      I'm running Flash 8 on a MacBook Pro 17" and I also have it installed on an iMac G5 and the same issue is on both. I go to Help > Flash Help and there is no table of contents and when I search for anything like "tween" or "script" no results are found. It seems that the help content disappeared somehow.

How can I restore the help files from the CD without having to re-install Flash from scratch? Anyone even know where the Flash help files live on the HD so maybe I can copy them over from my work machine?

Thank you!
        • 1. Re: Flash Help Content Gone
          Level 7
          "GeckoFrog" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message news:e7vhjk$3kb$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > I'm running Flash 8 on a MacBook Pro 17" and I also have it installed on an
          > iMac G5 and the same issue is on both. I go to Help > Flash Help and there is
          > no table of contents and when I search for anything like "tween" or "script" no
          > results are found. It seems that the help content disappeared somehow.
          >
          > How can I restore the help files from the CD without having to re-install
          > Flash from scratch? Anyone even know where the Flash help files live on the HD
          > so maybe I can copy them over from my work machine?
          >
          > Thank you!

I have heard that the Mac version relies on Opera being installed in a certain folder inside your Flash installation. People that
          have removed Opera in the past have reported that their help files disappeared. Something to check anyway.
          tralfaz

• 2. Re: Flash Help Content Gone
            LayerCaykeSE Level 1
            Thanks, I'll take a look. Any idea where Opera needs to be? I have Opera 9 in my apps folder, but that obviously isn't working.
            • 3. Re: Flash Help Content Gone
              LayerCaykeSE Level 1
              Just thought I'd post an update. Turns out my help files were missing from the Users > Shared > Application Support folder. Not sure how that happened, but I got the files from my work machine, copied them over and now all is well.

Thanks for your time!