5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2006 9:46 AM by mgschange

How can I change the size of my radio buttons

mgschange
      I am building a survey and the radio buttons are too samll. I would like them to be larger both in clickble area and visually. I have copied the external library to my file and tried to modify the radiobutton assets. I double click the library symbol to go into edit mode, make the changes, and then go back to scene 1. Then I drag a component to the stage but the changes I made are not reflected in the new instance - it looks exactly the same as before.

Thanks, mgsDolphin
        • 1. Re: How can I change the size of my radio buttons
          PrinceCharles
          Hi

All you need to do is open the component inspector and make the necessary changes.

HRH
          • 2. Re: How can I change the size of my radio buttons
            mgschange Level 1
            The componenet inspector seems only to change the size (H, W) of the box around the radio button. I would like to change the size of the clickable area, the little white circle, and the inspector has no effect on that.

Thanks, mgsDolphin
            • 3. Re: How can I change the size of my radio buttons
              Nickels55 Level 2
              Did you try dragging the radio button component to the stage, selecting it then converting it to a button symbol, then scaling that symbol using the transform window?
              • 4. Re: How can I change the size of my radio buttons
                mgschange Level 1
                Flash Help says that the radiobutton component is a compiled clip; a movie clip. By converting it to a button symbol I lose all my radiobutton abilites. I want a custom look for my radiobuttons and there seem to be two ways to get it. The first is to change the skin and that is what I have tried to do but have not been successful. The second way is to create my own look with graphics and use ActionScript to turn those graphics into radiobuttons and radiobutton groups. SInce I have 600 radiobutton instances in my survey, I thought AS code might make the swf file too big, plus I don't yet know how to do that anyway. Thanks for trying to help. I'll keep plugging away, I have a workaround that provides a larger clickable area at least.

Thanks, mgschange
                • 5. Re: How can I change the size of my radio buttons
                  mgschange Level 1
                  I wanted to change the size of the radio button component circle to make it easier to select. To change the size of the clickable circle you import the radio button component assets into your library. Flash Help provides a good explanation of this. In my Flash the file is stored in:
                  Macromedia>Flash>EN>Component FLA>HaloTheme.FLA>Flash UI COmponents>themes>MMDefault>RB Assets

You drag RB Assets out of the external library panel and into your FLA file's library. Now you can work on them.

The key asset in the Elements folder and is called Radio Shape 1. When you double click this you can scale it and that changes the visual and clickable size of the RB circle. A problem is that the change is not visible in the FLA, you have to run the SWF to see it.