1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 28, 2006 6:33 PM by Newsgroup_User

FLV from PHP?

wesohaire
      I am working with a client on a video player and their programmer wants to serve me the flv file via php. Apparently they are using the "f" command in PHP (fopen fwrite etc) and they want to send that information to my flash video player (and not just a url to the flv). Has anyone done this before? I've done vid players and PHP/Flash interactions before but never like this. They also need me to pass the PHP a "vid_id" variable for the PHP to determine what video to play, then it feeds back the actual flv file(not just a url). Any help is appreciated!
        • 1. Re: FLV from PHP?
          Level 7
          Flash is using NetStream.play() for progressive FLV downloads and the
          argument is a URI.

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/8/main/00002565.html

Perhaps they are trying to project the content as Flash does cache the
          progressive downloads.

They might consider serving up the video using a Flash Media Server. This
          can be accessed via the same Flash movie but can reside on another site or
          hosting company and the video quality will be more predictable and not
          downloaded to the cache.

--
          Lon Hosford
          www.lonhosford.com
          Flash, Actionscript and Flash Media Server examples:
          http://flashexamples.hosfordusa.com
          May many happy bits flow your way!
          "wesohaire" <wesohaire@yahoo.com> wrote in message
          news:e7v1v1$gjv$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I am working with a client on a video player and their programmer wants to
          > serve me the flv file via php. Apparently they are using the "f" command
          > in PHP
          > (fopen fwrite etc) and they want to send that information to my flash
          > video
          > player (and not just a url to the flv). Has anyone done this before? I've
          > done
          > vid players and PHP/Flash interactions before but never like this. They
          > also
          > need me to pass the PHP a "vid_id" variable for the PHP to determine what
          > video
          > to play, then it feeds back the actual flv file(not just a url). Any help
          > is
          > appreciated!
          >