I am using the media playback component to stream Mp3 files.
The rtmp files are loaded into my flash component from a database
and show up as click-to-play links. When the users click to play
them, I call stop on the playback component if it is currently
playing and then the playback component path is changed to the
clicked song and then told to play. When I run this as a Flash
Application everything is fine, however, when I preview on the web
or load onto the web it has problems.
On the Web:
1. Each time I click a link it makes a new connection to the
Media Server and does not close the old one.
2. The music either fails to play, stutters, plays both
streams, or plays for a while and quits.
3. I end up with one user taking up a bunch of streaming
1. Each time I click a link it closes the old connection and
makes a new connection.
2. The correct song plays without problems.
3. 1 User, 1 License
Does anyone have any thoughts? How do I explicitly close that