2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2006 3:10 PM by everythingstaken

changing getURL from local to absolute...

everythingstaken
      hey all -

i have been assigned to complete a website that was originally developed by an external vendor using Flash. while i have had Flash for quite awhile, i never really explored the power of it. now, i'm in desperate need of help and i submit to you, o gurus.

it's a menu system. i have navigated around every button and checked every instance i can find. they all used to look like this:

on (rollover) {
      gotoAndPlay("Site1");
      }
      on (press) {
      getURL("pagename.htm");
      }

and i have changed them all to:

on (rollover) {
      gotoAndPlay("Site1");
      }
      on (press) {
      getURL( http://www.domainname.tld/pagename.htm);
      }

note: i left the quotes off of that one intentionally, as this auto-format thingy and lack of the [code] block is really screwing with this post....

however, when i publish the links are still local rather than absolute. i looked through the forum and saw a similar topic below where the solution was that there was another reference in another scene, but i have looked through every file in the library, through every keyframe in the timeline, etc. obviously i'm missing something, but it seems like i've done all the right things here.

alternately, is there a way to search all actionscript associated with a document? that would be the absolute easiest way to fix something like this. a sort-of global search and replace. that would rule.

thanks in advance for the help.