3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2006 11:20 PM by Newsgroup_User

Compress swf (big)

bebef Level 1
      hi, is there any posibilities to compress the swf file, which there are to big ? Is there any program ? A good one.
        • 1. Re: Compress swf (big)
          Level 7
          It all depends on what is making it big.

First .. turn on the option to compress the SWF from flash itself. That has
          most benefit on content that is not already compressed (eg script in
          particular) .. images and sounds will not benefit much from this.

If the file size is due to images .. try changing the imported image
          resolution and the compression/quality settings to make them smaller.

If the file size is due to sounds .. try changing the compression and the
          bitrate etc to make them take up less room

If the file size is due to fonts, try device fonts, or reducing the number
          of fonts, or limiting the characters included in embedded fonts.

If the file size is due to embedded video, make it an external FLV and also
          try changing the compression/quality/bitrate settings

If the file size is due to complex shapes (which isn't all that often) ..
          draw the shapes small and the scale them larger. There are third party
          program you can get that will effectively do that for you, but it is
          possibly to do it yourself.

You really need to first understand WHY the file is so big, and then take
          the appropriate steps to address that
          --
          Jeckyl

• 2. Re: Compress swf (big)
            bebef Level 1
            My file are big because of my animate. I have many effects, with alpha and rectanlge tool. How can i turn on the option to compress the SWF from flash itself. ???
            • 3. Re: Compress swf (big)
              Level 7
              > How can i turn on the option to compress the SWF from flash itself. ???

publish settings

If your size really is mostly due to timeline-based animation, then there is
              not much you can do except the compress option in the publish settings.
              --
              Jeckyl