2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2006 9:42 AM by ageofem

Fireworks for Print -- Linda?

Level 7
      I rarely do print stuff these days, living in FW8 and lovin' it, and
      find going back to Photoshop a drag. But a client wants stationery with
      the new logo we designed for a new site. It's a quick low-volume thing,
      no separations needed, not offset, going straight to color xerox or
      whatever from TIFF and client will use only ink-jet on the letterhead.
      What are the reasons, or are there any, that I shouldn't I use FW to do
      the job at 240 or 300 DPI and supply TIFFs? It just FEELS so good in FW
      . . . :-)

Rod
        • 1. Re: Fireworks for Print -- Linda?
          Level 7
          On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 00:00:18 +0400, RodMac <rodmac_nospam@scenacom.com>
          wrote:

> I rarely do print stuff these days, living in FW8 and lovin' it, and
          > find going back to Photoshop a drag. But a client wants stationery with
          > the new logo we designed for a new site. It's a quick low-volume thing,
          > no separations needed, not offset, going straight to color xerox or
          > whatever from TIFF and client will use only ink-jet on the letterhead.
          > What are the reasons, or are there any, that I shouldn't I use FW to do
          > the job at 240 or 300 DPI and supply TIFFs? It just FEELS so good in FW

Although I'm not Linda, I hope my experience with offset, separations,
          spot colors and stuff in my past times justify my reply ;-) If your client
          is going to use inkjet, RGB TIFF with 300 ppi produced with FW is quite
          likely to be sufficient (well, I'm not saying we can't see an inkjet
          capable to digest composite CMYK PostScript somewhere, I'm just saying
          that inkjets will accept RGB as well).

--
          Ilya Razmanov
          http://photoshop.msk.ru - Photoshop plug-in filters
          • 2. Re: Fireworks for Print -- Linda?
            ageofem Level 1
            just remember that fireworks doesnt support cmyk, it would also be a good idea to check ur file in photoshop just to take a look at it. In the past, i have been printing taupaulin designs using fireworks, one thing you should keep in mind when dealing with print is , keep the colors simple