3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2006 6:33 AM by Newsgroup_User

IMPORTING FONTS

CellaMarr
      I recently installed new fonts onto my computer. For what ever reason, I can not find some of the fonts in fireworks. I can find all the fonts when I use Photoshop or After Effects, however not in Flash or Fireworks. Does anyone know what the problem could be? I have tried restarting my computer. I do not know how the manually install fonts into each individual program, nor do I know if that is even possible on a MAC.
        • 1. Re: IMPORTING FONTS
          Level 7
          Not a Mac person, but on a PC all you have to do is install new fonts along
          with your system fonts and reopen FWs and the new fonts should be there.

Peter
          can
          | not find some of the fonts in fireworks. I can find all the fonts when I
          use
          | Photoshop or After Effects, however not in Flash or Fireworks. Does anyone
          know
          | what the problem could be? I have tried restarting my computer. I do not
          know
          | how the manually install fonts into each individual program, nor do I know
          if
          | that is even possible on a MAC.
          |

• 2. Re: IMPORTING FONTS
            CellaMarr Level 1
            That is normally how it works on a MAC. But this time I am having some problems. Is there a way I can open fireworks and flash and import the fonts?
            • 3. Re: IMPORTING FONTS
              Level 7
              CellaMarr wrote:
              > That is normally how it works on a MAC. But this time I am having
              > some problems. Is there a way I can open fireworks and flash and
              > import the fonts?

Fonts are managed at the OS level, not at the application level on both
              Windows and Mac computers. You cannot "import" a font into a specific
              application. Fireworks might not be seeing or recognizing the font for
              some reason. I don't use a Mac but I know there are tools to "repair
              permissions" and clean up font caches or something (these problems crop
              up all the time on the FreeHand forum). You may want to look into that
              and see if it helps Fireworks recognize your new font.

--
              Stéphane Bergeron
              reach : connect : communicate
              http://www.webfocusdesign.com
              blog : tutorials : articles : gallery
              http://www.pixelyzed.com