2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2006 11:39 AM by JustIn Time

Loading swf into empty mc in a html page

JustIn Time
      Hello Flashers,
      I've set up a html page that contains a swf file with an empty movie clip in which I wish to load another swf.
      However I trie to do it, it just won't listen.
      Can anybody help me with this.
      Situation:
      html page (complete one, with tables etc.) contains main swf file (in a table) which contains an empty movie clip.
      Within the main swf there is a button which should load another swf file into the empty movie clip.
      What happens is that the external movie clip is loaded into level 0 of the main movie.
      It usualy works fine just with flash site but within the html page it results differently.
      Is it possible to get it right.
      Thanks
      Justin Time
        • 1. Re: Loading swf into empty mc in a html page
          Level 7
          > I've set up a html page that contains a swf file with an empty movie clip in
          > which I wish to load another swf.
          > However I trie to do it, it just won't listen.
          > Can anybody help me with this.
          > Situation:
          > html page (complete one, with tables etc.) contains main swf file (in a
          > table) which contains an empty movie clip.
          > Within the main swf there is a button which should load another swf file into
          > the empty movie clip.
          > What happens is that the external movie clip is loaded into level 0 of the
          > main movie.
          > It usualy works fine just with flash site but within the html page it results
          > differently.
          > Is it possible to get it right.
          > Thanks
          > Justin Time

Too general, you need to provide samples, actions used. Can't possibly guess based
          on such description, sorry.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: Loading swf into empty mc in a html page
            JustIn Time Level 1
            Urami, thanks for your interest for helping me ( and others, as far as I know )
            I'll try to explain it in more details ( although english is not my language)

I've made a html page which contains a swf file ( theMAIN ) in one table, other tables are filled with gif's, jpeg's etc.
            In the main movie - theMAIN - there is a empty movie clip with instance name "deder_mc" which is ment to accept loaded swf's.
            There is also a button with action ---- on release : _global.theMAIN.loadMovie("./swf_s/000_studioG.swf", "deder_mc"); -----
            That means, when user click this button movie 000_studioG.swf should be loaded into deder_mc empty movie clip.
            The movie 000_studioG.swf is located in swf_s folder in site root.

_global.theMAIN = this;
            is a action script in a first frame of the main movie so it build a reference to it.

I've done it before but site was built complete in Flash and I did not had any problems with loading external movies into empty movie clips. Not long before I've red somewhere(don't remember where) that this don't work in swf in a html page.
            But I live in a hope that I would be able to build a html site which contains swf which can load external movies into empty movie clips. So I am looking for solution.
            I hope it's enough information for you to tell me a solution if you know the right answer.
            Thank you.