5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2006 11:42 AM by Zvesda

Non Rendering Layers

Zvesda
      Making a flash website, and since I'm a lazy guy I grabbed a template (seen here http://www.templatesbox.com/free-flash-templates/003.htm), obivously it need to be changed from a corporate one to something different, so I changed the "slogan" layer to read something else, but when I publish it, not only does it not show up, but neither does the section in the header (seen to say "we develop the future" on that link).
      At first I assumed the culprit was just the method it uses to flicker the text was somehow interfering with publishing, so I made a whole new layer and animated alpha transparency instead, but even my brand new layer didn't render. I really don't understand it.
      Most confusing (or perhaps the best clue), is even if I make no alterations and just stick the template into flash and just publish it, it wont show those 2 text layers still. The top text layer uses a mask to transition the text in, but I haven't succeeded in getting that one to work yet either. Again I could redo the layer using alpha, but my previous attempts would suggest that it'll be equally futile.

I recently upgraded from MX to Pro 8, and wonder if that is somehow a factor, but even using older versions of flash player doesn't help.

I'm just over looking something obvious and stupid, aren't I?
        • 1. Re: Non Rendering Layers
          Damon Edwards Level 3
          the slogan layer calls the MC "name", the MC "name" is a png image. id suggest creating an image of whatever you want it to say, then swap the existing image with you new image.
          • 2. Re: Non Rendering Layers
            Damon Edwards Level 3
            not a complete template anyway, it doesnt contain the source files for "partners, service, or contact". so you can't edit those pages.. unless you create your own files for those pages and make sure the swf name is the same. very poor template, and unless you are very advanced in flash, id consider scrapping it. my two cents
            • 3. Re: Non Rendering Layers
              Zvesda Level 1
              the "name" layer, is actually right below the slogan layer that I'm having issues with, and I already did in fact change that to a PNG of what I wanted successfully.

I appreciate the suggestion to scrap the template, but I'm a fighter and want to make this one work. For the incompletes, I'm just going to modify the "home.fla" and rename the published file, which'll be an easy way to complete it (and possibly what the template author had in mind).

The link seems to have moved on me, I think it's here now http://www.templatesbox.com/free-flash-templates/003.htm
              • 4. Re: Non Rendering Layers
                Zvesda Level 1
                Anyone else ever having this issue, I've solved it - the fonts that the .fla was using I didn't have installed, therefor when it published those particular text layers were left blank. Solved by using images or installing the needed font.
                • 5. Re: Non Rendering Layers
                  Zvesda Level 1
                  Anyone else ever having this issue, I've solved it - the fonts that the .fla was using I didn't have installed, therefor when it published those particular text layers were left blank. Solved by using images or installing the needed font.