1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 15, 2006 7:34 AM by dont-vibe

video matting also known as letter boxing with FLVplayback component

dont-vibe

I would like my FLVplayback component to stay a fixed size with the video centered in the middle at its original size. I find that when the source FLV is a smaller size the FLV player shrinks to the size of the video.

using auto resize on a small video causes pixelization, and is unacceptable
      see this exapmle screen cap image

in the above example the red border it the saize of the docunemt and as you can see the video player controls are squeezed up to the size of the is FLV playing in the component.

anybody have any thoughts on this issue?

thanks in advance

• 1. Re: video matting also known as letter boxing with FLVplayback component
          dont-vibe Level 1
          I have now noticed that the flash 6-7 video playback component works as I would expect. Videos that are smaller than the player window are centered (matted) and the controls stay in place at the bottom. The flash * FLV playback component seem like a stop backwards.

Im now in scripting hell trying to use metadata to decide how to deal with the centering(matting) and moving the video controls in the skin aroiund to emulate the 6-7 components default functionality.

Can anyone at Adobe answer why the decision was made release a component that produces undesired results like this?

Don T