3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2006 10:32 PM by nicklausdeyring

Still can't underline in static text?

nicklausdeyring
      Hey Adobe,

I'm glad you've buried the hatchet in/with Macromedia, you were my two favorite software companies and now I only have to buy tons of swag from one. No I mean that, the fact that you ran out of those killer bags is pretty annoying.

Still, there is one thing that holds be back from loving you with %1,000,000 of my being. In Flash, with static text, you can't select 'underline'. Yes yes yes, I know you can do so with dynamic text, but I dont always use dynamic, now do I?

So please, in order to win me over with your cleverly designed design software, I need you to add that function so when I get a call from my client to add 30 'Link underlines' to my flash document, I don't have to be grumpy. Make me ungrumpy? De-grumped and underlined?

If you don't, of course I'll still love you %999,999 of the time.
        • 1. Re: Still can't underline in static text?
          Level 7

nicklausdeyring wrote:
          > Hey Adobe,
          >
          > I'm glad you've buried the hatchet in/with Macromedia, you were my two
          > favorite software companies and now I only have to buy tons of swag from one.
          > No I mean that, the fact that you ran out of those
          > http://adobe.mediumdesigngroup.com/ is pretty annoying.
          >
          > Still, there is one thing that holds be back from loving you with %1,000,000
          > of my being. In Flash, with static text, you can't select 'underline'. Yes yes
          > yes, I know you can do so with dynamic text, but I dont always use dynamic, now
          > do I?
          >
          > So please, in order to win me over with your cleverly designed design
          > software, I need you to add that function so when I get a call from my client
          > to add 30 'Link underlines' to my flash document, I don't have to be grumpy.
          > Make me ungrumpy? De-grumped and underlined?
          >
          > If you don't, of course I'll still love you %999,999 of the time.

well, this is user-to-user forum so your post won't do much :)
          go to adobe.com/go/wish/ and place feature request.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: Still can't underline in static text?
            Rafiq Elmansy, AEL, ACP Level 2
            Hi,
            Are you refering to the static text properities in the properities panel , which only include only Bold and Italic?
            • 3. Re: Still can't underline in static text?
              nicklausdeyring Level 1

nicklausdeyring wrote
              well, this is user-to-user forum so your post won't do much :)
              go to adobe.com/go/wish/ and place feature request.

Good point, will do!

Yes, I am referring to the lacking 'underline' option, which I'm sure is not included for a good reason, I'm really just voicing my frustration. ;)