3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2009 2:34 PM by kglad

Scenes misbehaving

falseharmonix
      I'm creating a photo gallery for my website. It will comprise of 10 scenes of 5 photos each. I've created image thumbs to use as buttons. When the thumbs are moused over, the image will switch accordingly.

My first scene works without a hitch. My second scene does not. When I mouse over any thumb, it automatically goes to the final image and the scene 'locks up'. I'm not able to get the scene to go to any other images. My actionscript 2 is identical to the first scene.

This is not the first time I've built my gallery this way, so I'm fairly confident that my scripting is correct. However, I have rebuilt this gallery from scratch three times, and every time now I'm getting the same errors on the second and all following scenes.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
        • 1. Re: Scenes misbehaving
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          don't use scenes to navigate and don't use the goto functions. use frame labels and the goto methods.
          • 2. Re: Scenes misbehaving
            falseharmonix Level 1
            Thanks for the reply.

Let me be more clear with what I'm doing.

I will end up with 10 scenes. Each scene has 5 thumbnails, and 5 larger images corresponding to those thumbs. When a user mouses over the thumbs, it will change to one of the 5 images respectively.

There are "Previous Page" and "Next Page" navigation buttons for navigating between the 10 pages.

I am experiencing my glitch while testing the second scene. the code states "on mouseover, go to frame 'x' and stop"

(NOTE: this is not the exact code, I am on a different machine)

The code for the second scene (the error prone scene) is identical to the code in the first scene (runs perfect). Any suggestions to fixing my gallery as it is?

• 3. Re: Scenes misbehaving
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              (re)read my above message.