3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2006 1:34 PM by RoboWizard

Generating .HLP files

My client has requested the help file be in a HLP format instead of CHM format as it is for an older project that doesn't support html. I am very new to RoboHelp and was wondering if there was a way to create HLP files instead of CHM files. I have searched online and haven't been able to find a solution. Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Generating .HLP files
          RoboWizard Level 4
          Hi Kyle

When folks buy RoboHelp, they usually get RoboHelp Office. This is a package with two different applications. One is RoboHelp for Word and the other is RoboHelp HTML. As you might imagine, RoboHelp HTML creates HTML based help. So if you are interested in creating WinHelp files (.HLP format). You need to look at using RoboHelp for Word.

The big question in my mind here is, does the project already exist? If so, does it need to somehow be converted from RoboHelp HTML to RoboHelp for Word? Unfortunately, if this is the case, the road may be rocky and fraught with issues.

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Generating .HLP files
            Kyle.Hayes Level 1
            Rick, thanks for your reply. The edition that my team uses is indeed RoboHelp Office. So I just need to use RoboHelp for Word to create the WinHelp files then?
            • 3. Re: Generating .HLP files
              RoboWizard Level 4
              Hi Kyle

That is correct. You use RoboHelp for Word. This uses Microsoft Word as the authoring environment. RoboHelp manages the project files (which are one or more Word documents saved in .RTF format.)

Good luck and have fun! Rick