3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2006 7:49 AM by Newsgroup_User

Odd Motion Tween

otto_asine
      I'll use an analogy to make this simpler.

i've got a circle in the far left a layer. i duplicate it and place it to the far right (still in the same layer). i move ONLY THE DUPLICATE circle throughout some keyframes (by the last keyframe, the original circle is in the same place as it was in the first keyframe).

now, when i add a motion tween, BOTH circles move in identical motions, except that one's moving in the right, and one's moving in the left.

for my project, i'm going to have a whole bunch of "circles" along with other symbols that also need duplicates. i can't make a separate layer for each one, so how do i get one circle to do the tween while getting the other one to stay still?
        • 1. Re: Odd Motion Tween
          Level 7

otto asine wrote:
          > I'll use an analogy to make this simpler.
          >
          > i've got a circle in the far left a layer. i duplicate it and place it to the
          > far right (still in the same layer). i move ONLY THE DUPLICATE circle
          > throughout some keyframes (by the last keyframe, the original circle is in the
          > same place as it was in the first keyframe).

>i can't make a separate layer for each one,
          > so how do i get one circle to do the tween while getting the other one to stay
          > still?

You have to, you can only tween single item per layer in the same time.
          If you use layer tween you don't have other choice, even if you use movie clips it
          still needs multiple layers.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: Odd Motion Tween
            otto_asine Level 1
            ouch...that's gonna be hard.

so, if that's the case, about how many layers can flash handle? because right now i've got 52 i think...and if i make the extra layers i need...im gonna end up with about 80 to 100....

• 3. Re: Odd Motion Tween
              Level 7

otto asine wrote:
              > ouch...that's gonna be hard.
              >
              > so, if that's the case, about how many layers can flash handle?

16000 :)

> because right
              > now i've got 52 i think...and if i make the extra layers i need...im gonna end
              > up with about 80 to 100....

--
              Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
              If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
              </urami>