1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 11, 2006 5:16 AM by Hanno1962

adding DataGridColumns Dynamically

eirene1978 Level 1
      Hello folks...

I have several issues with the Flex datagrid!

First, If I try to add DataGridColumns dynamically to a datagrid, it works fine only the first time they are created..

What I would like to make is a Datagrid where every column shares the same width..
      Yet now with all my efforts, every time I resize the datagrid, columns' width just get messed up!!! Of course, before I set datagrid's columns property, I set every column's width evenly. And for cases where the number of columns could be very large, I set the horizontal policy 'auto' and this is the case where this size problem happens...

Second, so I made a method to set every column's width every time the datagrid is resized... Yet this also throws me an error, since there are nonvisible columns which are not accessible!!! I know there's an internal visibleColumns property which masterminds, if you will, all this bug...

Third, after all these efforts, I made up my mind to create all columns every time my datagrid gets resized.. And guess what? this time it throws me another error when I vertically scroll the datagrid... I know datagrid extends ListBase and this erros happens at the very class (ListBase.as).

What makes me frustrated is that there seems to be no way to set every datagrid column in a datagrid evenly and dynamically.... This is a serious bug since in the default status, datagrid columns added dynamically get messed up in their size whenever a datagrid is resized....

So please give me an answer to all this bug and possibly any workaround... I'm now into a project where datagridColumns should be added dynamically and be shown evenly... This is a very serious issue to me... I'd like to hear your answer as soon as possible...

Thank you..