2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2006 1:09 PM by speets

Animation runs jerky, want smooth playback. Help!

speets
      I am still new to Fireworks and I'm building a website using it. I've created the animated text but would like the jerkyness to disappear and for it to run smoothly. I've tried using from 7 -23 frames but it didn't make a difference. I played with the frame settings and it helped a little but didn't fix the problem.

Could anyone tell me how to tweek it so that the text float smoothly accross the screen? I've read through the Fireworks Help many times but couldn't find a topic dealing with this issue.

Thanks for your time and response.
        • 1. Re: Animation runs jerky, want smooth playback. Help!
          Level 7
          link?

speets wrote:
          > I am still new to Fireworks and I'm building a website using it. I've created
          > the animated text but would like the jerkyness to disappear and for it to run
          > smoothly. I've tried using from 7 -23 frames but it didn't make a difference.
          > I played with the frame settings and it helped a little but didn't fix the
          > problem.
          >
          > Could anyone tell me how to tweek it so that the text float smoothly accross
          > the screen? I've read through the Fireworks Help many times but couldn't find
          > a topic dealing with this issue.
          >
          > Thanks for your time and response.
          >
          >
          • 2. Re: Animation runs jerky, want smooth playback. Help!
            speets Level 1
            I don't have it online yet, wish I did. I think I've managed to make it look okay by extendeng the delay time and adding empty frames in between. Thanks for trying to help and if you have any suggestions please don't hessitate to let me know!

Speets.