2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2008 8:59 PM by rlc5611

Actionscript prob - scrollpane buttons don't work!!

Yu-Law
      hi, i've tried searching this one, no luck!!

Pretty simple really, i have a flash mc with a scrollpane in it which refrences an external mc with buttons in it, all the buttons do is this:

on (release) {
      _root.gotoAndStop("news2")
      }

It works when testin the movie, but when i actually come to viewing the movie in a browser or just clicking on the SWF file itself the buttons fully don't work!!!! Any ideas? Please help!!!
        • 1. Re: Actionscript prob - scrollpane buttons don't work!!
          Flashygirl_UK Level 1
          similar to mine

Mine is a button in a scrollpane that links to a keyframe on the swf that the scrollpane is in
          My buttons never work. Does anyone have a clue what I need to do?

I feel like calling it a scroll pain !
          • 2. Re: Actionscript prob - scrollpane buttons don't work!!
            rlc5611 Level 1
            A scrollpane is a mc with an instance name. The scrollpane's content is a child clip of the scrollpane mc. If you are not communicating with an mc in a different timeline, it is simply because the path is wrong. Now it is a little complicated because the path will depend on whether the button is truly a button button or simply a mc button because there is an offset of one timeline between the two types of objects. Trial and error may be useful.

For a button inside a scrollpane trying to talk to an object in the same timeline as the scrollpane, one of the two should work:

"button" button ---- this._parent._parent.gotoAndStop("myend");

or

mc button --- this._parent._parent._parent.gotoAndStop("myend");

There is nothing wrong with the scrollpane. Get the path correct and everything will work as you want.

note: "myend" was the frame name I used for testing. It has no further significance.