0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2006 9:15 AM by jordana309

Zooming w/o using _xscale or _yscale

jordana309 Level 1
      I'm developing an interactive training simulator using Flash and custom components. I have a "web browser" component that take a movie clip as a web page and allows you to scroll it around. There is an instructions box sitting above the browser that contains text pulling from a CSS file. Additionally, I have popups that pull from the same CSS file. How it's designed now looks good and works, but failed to meet what is called "section 508 compliance." This is federal law (i believe) that requires you make things accessable to people with disabilities. So, I need to be able to zoom the text. And the webPage, if possible.
      I tried using the _xscale and _yscale properties for the webpage, which certainly worked, but it wound up looking too messy. The text on the pages looked...well...like an image blown up. I need the text to stay clear, and the graphics to look decent. the _scale properties wont work. Is there something I can do? I though about reworking the images to be vecor-based images (through Fireworks, maybe?), but I'm not sure if that would work. I did convert, within Flash, the images to a vector, and even with a tolerence of 1 and minlenght of 1, it looked really bad. If there is another way to zoom into just that movie clip, that would be nice. And if there is any suggestion for the popups and instructions, it would be nice to hear. I tried using different class names in the same CSS file, which proved too combersome, and I thought about using different files, but I'm not sure how to reload the CSS files and the text into the instructionsPane. The pop-ups and control panel are custom components, btw. The pop-ups are generated from a mouseover of a custom-component transparent button.

Sorry that this is kinda confuddled. Summary: main problems are the webpage (zooming a movieclip that is an image with components on it), and the pop-ups (resizing the yellow box the text is in, and resizing the text itself).

Any questions, ask. This is time-critical, also.

JA