• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expanding Text shows up as links

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2006 Sep 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have something odd going on. I use RoboEngine and publish all my projects together. A majority of my projects show the expanding text produced by using the Glossary Hotspot Wizard correctly, but a handful is showing the terms for the expanded text as LINKS. The color of the terms that are being displayed correctly is red, the ones showing up as links are blue and are underscored. My procedure for all my projects is the same when I'm running the Glossary Hotspot Wizard. Any comments or suggestions?

Vick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2006 Sep 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just trying to bring this to the top since I don't have a reply....can anyone help me? Any suggestions? Work arounds? Fixes??? Thanks so much!

Vick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vick

I think what is working against you here is the simple fact you are using RoboEngine. This indicates you are either using RoboInfo or are producing WebHelp Pro outuput. I'm guessing that you are in a very small minority. As such, there is simply a dearth of folks experienced with your product.

Are you able to produce regular WebHelp? If so, does the problem manifest then? Assuming the answer to both of those questions is "yes", then maybe we can help. But until we do know the answer, I'm guessing we are all assuming it may be something simply related to using RoboEngine as opposed to being more generic in nature.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Yes, I'm using RoboHelp Pro for my output. I have the capability of using WebHelp, but it would be a rather huge task to switch over at this point. The thing that drives me crazy is that it isn't consistant. With about 30 projects, some are correct and others are not. And, within a project, some topics are correct and some are not! Any help would be greatly apprecaited!

Vick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Vick

I wasn't suggesting that you totally switch output types and remain that way. What I am suggesting is that you temporarily produce WebHelp output and see if the problem persists. With RoboHelp, it's just so easy to do this. You simply expand the Single Source folder and produce the output! Then you can run it to check. If the issue persists, then at least we know it's not something RoboEngine is introducing into the mix. Frankly, I do strongly suspect either an inline style or two or something style related and not RoboEngine, but want to totally rule it out before proceeding.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

This is interesting! I generated WebHelp output and it did the EXACT same thing, so I guess it isn't ROBOEngine. I was actually surprised with the results! Do you think you can help? Thanks again!

Vick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I agree with Rick: you either have differences in your external CSS files, in topic-specific styles, or at specific hotspot elements. Check a hotspot in TrueCode; there's prbably a lot of filth attached to it (extra SPAN tags, etc.).

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp