2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2006 7:17 AM by Dodger57

Erase not working??

Dodger57 Level 1
      Hi all,

I had this idea of creating a movie that shows what appears to be the handwriting of a text message. The only way I can think of to do this is to create an upper layer of each letter and then, keyframe by keyframe, erase a small part of the letter to expose more and more until the writing is done.

One problem, when I use the eraser tool it appears at first to be erasing - but when I release the mouse all eraser effects disappear and the scene is untouched. This happens in all of the eraser modes.

What am I doing wrong??

Thanks
      Dodge
        • 1. Re: Erase not be working??
          Level 7
          this effect is one of the top 10 most asked effects - make sure you broke apart your text into
          shapes forst. Make sure you are not inside a symbol that has been flipped. see this:
          http://www.mudbubble.com/db_tutorials/db_tut_write1.html
          http://www.mudbubble.com/db_tutorials/db_tut_write2.html

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
          --> www.mudbubble.com
          --> www.keyframer.com

Dodger57 wrote:
          > Hi all,
          >
          > I had this idea of creating a movie that shows what appears to be the
          > handwriting of a text message. The only way I can think of to do this is to
          > create an upper layer of each letter and then, keyframe by keyframe, erase a
          > small part of the letter to expose more and more until the writing is done.
          >
          > One problem, when I use the eraser tool it appears at first to be erasing -
          > but when I release the mouse all eraser effects disappear and the scene is
          > untouched. This happens in all of the eraser modes.
          >
          > What am I doing wrong??
          >
          > Thanks
          > Dodge
          >
          • 2. Re: Erase not working??
            Dodger57 Level 1
            Oh! That's great! The second tut is exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks so much!

Dodge