2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2006 10:55 PM by Newsgroup_User

"View" "Source"

Damon Edwards Level 3
      when I "view" "source" on my site, all the text appears that is used on my site....why is it doing that and how can I make it not do that?
        • 1. Re: "View" "Source"
          Level 7
          is this a flash question? is the text in the HTML? if so than that is completely normal - can you
          provide the url? otherwise we are just guessing - thx.

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
          --> www.mudbubble.com
          --> www.keyframer.com

dzedward wrote:
          > when I "view" "source" on my site, all the text appears that is used on my site....why is it doing that and how can I make it not do that?
          • 2. Re: "View" "Source"
            Level 7
            when you publish html from flash, the html will contain the text that you
            used in your flash movie. simply edit the generated html file (by notepad or
            anything similar) and delete the text portions from your html code (the part
            in between the <body> and <object> tags.) and save.

if you want something more permanent, edit the html template from your flash
            directory. it is the default.html file under

C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Flash MX 2004\en\First Run\HTML (for flash mx
            2004)

(or C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Flash MX\First Run\HTML for flash mx, I
            don't know the path for flash8 but it should be something similar)

again, you should delete the bit in between <body> and <object> tags. but I
            suggest you make a backup copy of that default.html file before doing that,
            some day you might need it after all.

hope this answers your question.
            cheers
            emre

"dzedward" <damon@imagineitmedia.com> wrote in message
            news:eemmea$lee$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > when I "view" "source" on my site, all the text appears that is used on my
            > site....why is it doing that and how can I make it not do that?