1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 26, 2006 1:18 PM by johndaigle

RoboInfo - Question about capabilities

Ryan Hudson
      Hello all,

I'm new to RoboInfo X5 and I'm finding that I'm using this software for a different reason than most people. I'm using this for an online deployment of ISO documents.
      I need to find a way to link the revision date of the document to the index. For example - I have document A (this is the procedure) with a revision date on it. And I also have document B (this is the index that holds info about all the documents in the system). I want the field on doc A to populate a same named field on document B. Not sure if this software is even capable of this but I figured this would be the place to ask.

Thanks for looking.
      Ryan
        • 1. Re: RoboInfo - Question about capabilities
          johndaigle Level 4
          Hi, Ryan.
          If I understand, you would like a date field in Document B to dynamically change whenever the date might change in Document A.
          In this version of RoboHelp(Info) there is no such feature at this time. There are a couple a things that come close. For example you can Insert > Field > Title (which should really be named Heading). If you do, and you go to Topic Properties and change the Title of the topic, the Heading of your topic will dynamically update. Similar possibilities exist for date and time stamping. Unfortunately these don't cover exactly what you want.

The next release of Adobe RoboHelp is now under development. I would urge you to submit this to the "wish list" at this address:
          www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform
          Thanx,
          John