Links inside Flash webpage

Level 7
      Hi,

this kind of flash pages become more and more popular. I'm talking about
      flashpages that have links like this:

www.someflashpage.com/#/en/home/
      www.someflashpage.com/#contacts
      www.someflashpage.com/#portfolio/print/14

..and you can simply navigate from page using this links.
      How to create Flash webpage like this?

Thanks in advance,
      Roman
        • 1. Re: Links inside Flash webpage
          clbeech Level 3
          there are many ways to create navigation structures with Flash. 'How' to do so is a huge question, and you will not get an answer because it is far to broad a scope.

First get Flash, then read the Help documentation and learn what Flash is, then do some tutorials to begin to understand, then come back to ask 'specific' questions about a particular aspect of programming.
          • 2. Re: Links inside Flash webpage
            C-Rock Level 2
            What your reading is the swfAddress 2.1 script that you can use with a full flash website to create history. Basically when you press a button to change a page it changes the history of the browser so that when you hit the back button it will "return" to the previous page inside the flash movie.

The first time I implemented this in one of my websites it was a nightmare. It's very difficult unless you're an expert programmer and understand Flash and the JS file behind the work being done.

Look up SWFAddress 2.1 and you can download a package with examples. Take one of the small examples and try to understand what is happening. Then try to migrate it to a simple dummy site that you create. This will help you understand how it works.
            • 3. Re: Links inside Flash webpage
              Level 7
              Thank you, C-Rock,

swfAddress was exactly what I was looking for. I did a search on it and
              fount it here:
              www.asual.com/swfaddress/

Before your post I was searching wrong keywords, and was digging in AMFPHP
              direction, but it was a dead end.
              Thank you very much once more,

R.

- -
              ..And Mr. "clbeech", buy yourself a beer and some snacks - in other words -
              relax.

"C-Rock" <careyr69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
              news:gl2cd0$hqd$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > What your reading is the swfAddress 2.1 script that you can use with a
              > full
              > flash website to create history. Basically when you press a button to
              > change a
              > page it changes the history of the browser so that when you hit the back
              > button
              > it will "return" to the previous page inside the flash movie.
              >
              > The first time I implemented this in one of my websites it was a
              > nightmare.
              > It's very difficult unless you're an expert programmer and understand
              > Flash and
              > the JS file behind the work being done.
              >
              > Look up SWFAddress 2.1 and you can download a package with examples. Take
              > one
              > of the small examples and try to understand what is happening. Then try to
              > migrate it to a simple dummy site that you create. This will help you
              > understand how it works.
              >