0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2009 11:40 PM by dmp1ce

Strange solution to "Something went wrong trying to install this application."

dmp1ce
      Basically the solution was to install AIR Beta 3 then install the AIR 1.0, copy "Adobe AIR Application Installer.exe", "Adobe AIR Application Installer.swf", and "Adobe AIR.dll" from the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0 directory into the AIR beta 3 directory which I think was "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0.6". Then, I associated the .air file with the "airappinstaller.exe" executable located in the AIR beta 3 directory. Amazingly, doing this allowed me to install the AIR application without any problems.

The problem this addresses is getting the message "Something went wrong trying to install this application." every time I tried to install an AIR application. The exact error message is below. I assumed that I was having problems because I had installed an AIR beta in the past. I'm not for sure on that though. The AIR installer log seemed normal. At least there were not any error messages that I could see. The AIR application installer log did not output any data for me. I followed the instructions from this blog on setting up the installer logs.

Here is the error message:

---------------------------
      Adobe AIR
      Something went wrong trying to install this application.
      Please install the latest version of Adobe AIR from
      http://www.adobe.com/go/getair and then try again.
      OK