5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2009 3:29 PM by Newsgroup_User

Spry Menu Toolbar

wcash Level 1
      For some reason, I can't get my submenus to line up under their menu title on my spry horizontal menu bar. They are off centered to the right in Internet Explorer, but not in FireFox. Can anyone help?
        • 1. Re: Spry Menu Toolbar
          Level 7
          Is this in internet explorer? Does it happen in FireFox?

A wild guess without seeing you code, well, 3 guesses actually....
          1.Did you try to center the text in the menu by highlighting it and clicking
          the align button in the property window? If so, that inserted a center
          aligned div into the menu which breaks it in IE.
          2. Did you try to center the text by adding text-align: center; to the LI
          rule in the CSS?
          IE doesn't only center text with this, it centers the nested UL
          (dropdowns) as well. That's why the left edge of the dropdown is aligned
          to the center of the LI it drops under.
          3. Did you center the text some other way?

If you centered the text in a way other than applying text-align:center; to
          the link CSS in the spry stylsheet, it's probably why you're having trouble.

Take care,
          Tim

"wcash" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:glaqos$6g7$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > For some reason, I can't get my submenus to line up under their menu title
          > on my spry horizontal menu bar. They are off centered to the right. Can
          > anyone help?

• 2. Re: Spry Menu Toolbar
            wcash Level 1
            This is just in Explorer. I'm frustrated now. Tried messing with the text centering solution like you recommended, but to no avail. Below is the css. It's probably messy (I'm just learning) but any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!

• 3. Re: Spry Menu Toolbar
              TC2112 Level 1
              Hello,

First, get rid of text-align:center; in the ul.MenuBarHorizontal.
              That's why the submenus are dropping down centered (left edge under the center of the LI they drop under).
              IE is center aligning the nested UL, LI (dropdowns) and text within the ul.MenuBarHorizontal.

Once that is removed, do a test. Look at the page in the browser and make sure the text is not aligned center.
              It should be left aligned and the dropdowns should drop directly below the LI.
              If the text is still aligned center, you have something else doing it and you need to find that.

If the text is left aligned now, add text-align:center; to the ul.MenuBarHorizontal a
              rule. This aligns text within links lonly , which is all the text in your menu.

Take care,
              Tim
              • 4. Re: Spry Menu Toolbar
                wcash Level 1
                Well, I did what you said and it shifted it closer to the left, but there is still an indent. Then I found this:

Floated non-float bug

If that's the same thing as what I'm dealing with, I'm out of luck.

Thanks,

Stacy
                • 5. Re: Spry Menu Toolbar
                  Level 7
                  The only way to know for sure is to see the page, thus being able to look at
                  all the code.
                  Can you post a link?

Take care,
                  Tim

"wcash" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                  news:glcu9i$oht$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                  > Well, I did what you said and it shifted it closer to the left, but there
                  > is
                  > still an indent. Then I found this:
                  >
                  >
                  > http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/communityengine/index.cfm?event=showdetails&postId=
                  > 826&productId=1&loc=en_US
                  >
                  >
                  > If that's the same thing as what I'm dealing with, I'm out of luck.
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  >
                  > Stacy
                  >