14 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2009 1:33 PM by rtalton

mxml to as3

SiHoop Level 1
      I want to use AnimateProperty to animate a Shape and I want to do it with AS3. To do this I must first learn how to use the AnimateProperty class so I used the code below to try to recreate a rollOverEffect on a button. It works fine for the mxml button, but when I create a button in as3 I cannot use the rollOverEffect property which then prohibits me from using the AnimateProperty object I created.
      Can I use AnimateProperty in as3 and can I use AnimateProperty to animate a Shape that is created in AS3?
        • 1. Re: mxml to as3
          Level 7

"SiHoop" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gl7ecf$qmb$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I want to use AnimateProperty to animate a Shape and I want to do it with
          >AS3.
          > To do this I must first learn how to use the AnimateProperty class so I
          > used
          > the code below to try to recreate a rollOverEffect on a button. It works
          > fine
          > for the mxml button, but when I create a button in as3 I cannot use the
          > rollOverEffect property which then prohibits me from using the
          > AnimateProperty
          > object I created.
          > Can I use AnimateProperty in as3 and can I use AnimateProperty to animate
          > a
          > Shape that is created in AS3?

I think that you have to use setStyle for effects, but I believe that Shape
          is too low-level to have such styles.

HTH;

Amy

• 2. mxml to as3
            rtalton Level 4
            It looks like your existing code is animating the x property of a button. Yes, you can animate this property on a Shape object. Just animate the scaleX property of the Shape in the AnimateProperty effect to do this. Let me know if you need more details...
            • 3. Re: mxml to as3
              Level 7

"rtalton" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:gl7ln3$6ag$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > It looks like your existing code is animating the x property of a button.
              > Yes,
              > you can animate this property on a Shape object. Just animate the scaleX
              > property of the Shape to in the AnimateProperty effect to do this. Let me
              > know
              > if you need more details...

I didn't say you couldn't animate it. I said that it probably doesn't
              support the effects styles that allow you to say rolloverEffect="blah" in
              MXML.

• 4. Re: mxml to as3
                rtalton Level 4
                Easy now, Amy!
                I was addressing SiHoop's question re: animating a Shape. If you hurt my feelings like this again, I will cry. I'm sensitive like that. Brooding, capable and fearless--sure-- but still so sensitive.
                Peace and love!
                • 5. Re: mxml to as3
                  ntsiii Level 3
                  Amy uses a non-linear reader that shows responses applying to specific posts. Those of us using linear readers just stick stuff on the end and do not see or intend to single out specific posts.
                  • 6. Re: mxml to as3
                    rtalton Level 4
                    Hi ntsii,
                    No matter the reader, it's logical for me to assume she was addressing me. She had already responded to the OP. It's a stretch to think she was again responding to the OP with her comment, if that's what you are implying.

Anyway, we're over it now. The counseling really helped us. Group Hug!
                    • 7. Re: mxml to as3
                      ntsiii Level 3
                      No, I mean her reader probably showed your response as directed *specifically to her post*, not the OP's post.

• 8. Re: mxml to as3
                        rtalton Level 4
                        Anything is possible. But I'm glad we agree that her post *was directed at me*.
                        • 9. Re: mxml to as3
                          Level 7

news:gl7oe6$9fv$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                          > Easy now, Amy!
                          > I was addressing SiHoop's question re: animating a Shape. If you hurt my
                          > feelings like this again, I will cry. I'm sensitive like that. Brooding,
                          > capable and fearless--sure-- but still so sensitive.
                          > Peace and love!

I'm weeping just in your reflected pain.

Sorry ;-)

• 10. Re: mxml to as3
                            rtalton Level 4
                            Amy, my feelings will always be there for you. We have too much history together to end it now. Know that.
                            • 11. Re: mxml to as3
                              Level 7

news:gl80m7$j88$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                              > Amy, my feelings will always be there for you. We have too much history
                              > together to end it now. Know that.

I sold Jesus to a man from Meridian without a second thought ;-)

• 12. Re: mxml to as3
                                rtalton Level 4
                                You know I appreciate the cryptic references. Even if I don't get 'em. I'm having another blonde moment.
                                • 13. Re: mxml to as3
                                  Level 7

news:gl82hk$lhn$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                                  > You know I appreciate the cryptic references. Even if I don't get 'em. I'm
                                  > having another blonde moment.

http://amysfarm.blogspot.com/2008/11/new-arrivals.html

Father of my kids :-p

• 14. Re: mxml to as3
                                    rtalton Level 4
                                    hah! Got it!